Our part-time positions are involved in registers, sales, merchandising and order processing.
- Schedules can include daytime, evenings, weekends, and early mornings.
What We Stand For
Established in 1978, The Container Store has grown to be the leading specialty retailer of storage and organization products in the United States and the only national retailer solely devoted to the category. We provide creative, multifunctional, customizable storage and organization solutions that help our customers save time, save space and improve the quality of their lives.
We foster an employee-first culture built around our Foundation Principles, which define how we approach our relationships with our employees, vendors, customers and communities and influence every aspect of our business.
In registers and sales, you are….
- Engaging with customers at the register, offering product information and sharing promotions as a brand ambassador
- On the salesfloor engaging in thoughtful conversations with customers while maintaining the visual appearance of the store
- Collaborating and communicating with customers to present projects and customized plans in a clear and professional manner
- Keeping pace with customers, balancing multiple priorities and using good judgment to manage time
In merchandising, you are…
- Organizing and ensuring we have a well-presented store
- Merchandising products, unloading trucks, lifting boxes, climbing ladders and cleaning the store
- Working with a great team, surrounded by lively music, resulting in a huge sense of accomplishment
Processing Customer Orders, you are…
- Pulling product for customers’ orders in a timely manner
- Maintaining the stockroom to ensure it is organized to support visual and selling efforts of the store
- Communicating and following up with customers on issues regarding their orders, all the way through resolution
- Carrying orders to customers cars for contactless pickup
The Benefits of Working Here
Our benefits exemplify our commitment to an employee-first culture, ensuring employees and their families are well taken care of, safe and secure. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Discount: 50% on Elfa, 40% on Merchandise and Gift Cards, 25% on Avera and Laren
- Paid Time Off plus Holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Ongoing training including our Leadership Development Program and Manager Training Program
- Employee First Fund: providing grants to employees experiencing unforeseen emergencies
What You Bring To Us
- You love to engage with people.
- You are passionate about connecting with customers and your team to provide clear, concise, compassionate communication.
- You love a fast-paced environment and doing a variety of jobs throughout your work day.
- You enjoy organizing and helping customers find solutions.
- You are always learning! You are eager to learn how technology and selling work together to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- You take pride in your work. It’s your store!
- You understand retail is an ever-changing industry and remain flexible with your schedule.
- You want to delight the people around you and can’t wait to share that at The Container Store!
- You are at least 18 years of age.